To produce accurate accounts in line with business procedures and statutory requirements.
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts. This will include manualpreparation of accounts and supporting tax computations for customers requiring year end and cessation accounts.
- Ensure the submission of statutory information to Companies House and HMRC within the required deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns.
- Manage populations to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
- Undertake ad-hoc clean-up or other projects, meeting targets set at the start ofthe project.
- Undertake projects to support the year end accounts activity.
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as andwhen required.
- Suggest process improvements necessary to the role.
- The Accounts Assistant will report to the Accounts Team Leader.
- Although it is recognised that the role holder will at times be required tocommunicate directly with the customer in order to meet deadlines, whereverpossible contact should be made via the Customer Services Team.
- It is also recognised that the role holder will have daily interactions with agencies,clients and Brookson staff.
- Educated to at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Mathematics and English. AATqualified with preference given to candidates who have, or are studying towardstheir ACCA qualification.
- Have worked for an accountancy practice with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Should be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Experience of preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations, specifically SalesLedger and VAT.
- Should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- An ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines and targets.
Apply For This Job:
To apply for this job, or for more information please email:
When applying, please attach your CV and covering letter.