Business Development - Relationship Manager
To maintain and generate consultations and joiners from identified key accounts in line with the Sales and Marketing business plan.
To develop new relationships and business referrals from recruitment agencies and affinity partners.
Manage and develop a team of Senior Account Managers and Account Managers.
- Understand traditional and new market sectors that Brookson operates in, in order to identify trends and opportunities that will maximise business growth
- Promote / sell Brookson services within traditional and new market sectors
- Plan and develop strategies and tactics to enhance existing relationships with agencies in traditional and new market sectors
- Identify and establish profitable relationships with key agencies, end clients, customers and prospective customers operating in new market sectors
- Identify and develop profitable relationship with key industry body partners, generating growth through affinity marketing propositions
- Increase sales and enhance customer retention through presentations, provide technical advice, guidance and support to key agencies, end clients, customers and prospective customers operating in traditional and non-traditional market sectors
- Promote the use of agency preferred supplier lists (Ltd Co & Umbrella) and secure Brookson’s inclusion on respective PSL’s.
- Develop strategies to increase growth through key agency PSL’s
- Plan, arrange and host site visits and workshops at key end client sites for existing and potential Brookson customers
- Have involvement in sales channel strategy reviews, identifying opportunities and threats to current strategy and provide cost effective solutions
- Frequently measure and critically evaluate the outcome of strategies and tactics adopted to drive growth through agreed channels to market
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and objectives in accordance with set timescales
- Partake in miscellaneous companywide (internal) strategy initiatives
- Host hospitality events for selected guests
- Undertake training as and when required
- Any others duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required
Manager Role Accountabilities
- Manage and supervise the workload of the team allocating team members to optimise service provision and administrator support across the opening hours of the department
- Understand the current and future capabilities of the team, ensuring the team have the skills and knowledge to carrying out their role effectively, identifying any gaps and training needs and implementing the necessary training to address
- Ensure a consistent approach is maintained across the team by providing coaching on a group and one to one basis
- Ensure that internal relationships between departments are supportive & constructive
- Manage escalated customer and agency issues, exceptions and technical questions
- Ensure that the general administration and filing duties of the team are co-ordinated and kept up to date
- Regularly meet with Team Members via team meetings to ensure that staff are focused on delivering targets, KPIs and business objectives
- Manage and track punctuality and absenteeism, carry out return to work interviews and deal with HR on instances of excessive or long term absence
- Carry out 121’s and annual Performance Reviews for all team members in order to set relevant targets, KPIs and objectives and to provide constructive feedback on past performance
- Carry out capability interviews in line with specified procedures to ensure that the department recruits the right people
- Manage issues of discipline and grievance in conjunction with HR
- Contribute to meetings and provide key reports to relevant Managers on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Develop the systems and processes within the department to provide the most effective and efficient service to customers
Working within the Business Development team, the role holder will report to the Commercial Director.
The role holder will have extensive contact with customers, agencies, clients and industry body partner organisations and will be required to manage accounts and stakeholders.
It is also recognised that the role holder will have daily interactions with Brookson staff.
- A minimum of five years of engaging and developing relationships at senior and multiple levels, from a solution sell background
- Experienced in using the telephone to set up important meetings and influence decisions
- A track record of providing solutions to business problems
- A Marketing or Business Degree 2:1 or equivalent
- A high degree of self-awareness and evidence of a structured personal career path
- A full clean driving licence
- Methodical and thorough in approach with an understanding of own limitations
- A natural leader and self-starter with a proven track record of achievement
- Professional and personal approach
- A high degree of influencing skills
- An open, honest, professional and friendly disposition
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to connect effectively at all levels
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly PowerPoint
Apply For This Job:
To apply for this job, or for more information please email:
When applying, please attach your CV and covering letter.