Group Marketing Director
To lead the creation and management of an aligned corporate brand and the deployment of that brand and appropriate marketing strategies through its different service lines.
The role of the Group Marketing Director is critical to the success of the Brookson Group as it will manage our market reputation through developing and delivering clear brand proposition to our target audiences and leading on corporate development and go to market strategy. The Group Marketing Director will set our marketing strategy (products, markets, positioning) across all service lines. He/she will drive leads for our products and services through a number of key channels (customer referral, web, PR, social, events, Analysts, media, etc…..). The role will also be responsible for providing appropriate marketing services to the other sales channels across the service lines.
Within the bounds of our overall corporate strategy as determined by our board, this role will be specifically accountable for:
- Develop our marketing strategy including the definition of target markets (size, vertical and geographic), our brand and positioning strategy that aligns with the overall company strategy
- Develop and manage the Brookson brand seeking input and getting buy in from key management team
- Identify and plan new market entry within the context of the overall strategy
- Together with the service line Managing Directors, input to create the product strategy and plan for the business through contributing market insight and competitive intelligence
- Lead the delivery of the agreed marketing plans across the service lines
- Develop and manage the Brookson Group and individual service lines websites and corporate positioning
- Define and implement the plan for external relations with objective to maximize positive coverage of the company and its products
- Define and implement the PR and social plan to raise awareness and consideration of the company and its products
- Maintain an accurate database of prospects, accounts and sales opportunities (either directly for sales channels owned by Marketing function or in support of the other business sales channels)
- Line manage all marketing resource (employees and agencies) to deliver the plan and activities above
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Act personally as a spokesperson for the company
Customer referral, web referral and direct to customer marketing
- Develop and execute the marketing plan to deliver the volume and quantity of leads to meet the sales targets
- Line manage all marketing teams (note these activities/resources will need to be coordinated with the Managing Directors of the service lines).
- Execute programmes to address at risk customers (retaining them), and through email and Connect deliver key message to reinforce value to boost retention.
- Develop and deliver the product marketing plan that will differentiate our propositions and enable the organisation through content to communicate effectively our propositions
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Create required content across all communication channels/media to deliver product marketing plan
- Develop and deliver our strategic and product partnership plan to support our go to market and to extend our proposition.
Administration and management information
- Ensure the required administrative processes and systems are in place and working effectively to support the above responsibilities. This includes the appropriate MI and reporting framework to support the overall marketing strategy and key objectives/deliverables.
As overall Marketing lead for the business, this role with sit on the Group Board and report to the Group CEO.
- Ideally Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM)
- Five years’ experience as a senior function head in a professional services or technology business which is driven by quality and customer service
- Experience operating in a business with diverse customer base / different service lines
- Previous experience leading and developing a marketing function (particularly through periods of change and growth)
- Proven track record in delivering new customers through customer referral, web and direct to customer sales channels
- Experience of brand development and management in an equivalent business environment
- Engaging leader who gains buy-in and respect from team & peers and is able to influence at senior level
- Considerable people management skills and experience, including a track record of building, developing and transforming teams
- Ability to work autonomously, delegate, prioritise and manage a considerable workload
- Sound financial and budgetary management and solid commercial acumen
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to exploit and identify business opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- The ability to adapt to a changing business and market place
Apply For This Job:
To apply for this job, or for more information please email:
When applying, please attach your CV and covering letter.