Managing Director SME
To take overall responsibility and lead the EME line of business ensuring it grows profitably in line with budgeted performance and strategy.
Role Accountabilities – strategic
- Provide strategic advice to the board and shareholders so that they will have accurate view of the market and the SME business line’s future.
- Develop and execute the SME line of business strategy in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders.
- Identify, agree and implement a comprehensive supporting business structure
- Oversee the processes and systems ensuring they are fit for purpose at all times.
- Take full Operational and profit and loss responsibility.
- Play a key strategic role at Group Board level utilising your skills and experience to influence the business strategy.
Role Accountabilities – operational
- Identify and implement the necessary management information to effectively manage operational performance.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Thoroughly understand the customer experience required to attract and retain clients.
- In conjunction with the Group Finance Director produce regular financial and management information to ensure the financial performance of the service line is clear and understood.
- Act as the key speaker to represent the business at business Board level pitches and market events.
- Assist clients build their growth strategies.
As the lead of the SME Service line you will be part of the Group Operational Board reporting to the Group CEO.
Personal Profile – Sector/Market and legislative environment
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience of designing, implementing and delivering Accountancy and Support services to a large SME client base.
- Hands on experience of managing in a regulated and legislative environment.
- Extensive experience of computerised accounting systems.
- Experience of designing, implementing and managing outsource services for large clients.
- An in-depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments in the Accountancy sector.
Personal Profile – Leadership/Experience/Behaviours
- Proven track record of driving strategy at Board level, re-engineering processes to streamlining cost bases and improve quality and developing products and service offerings for clients that allow them to enhance competitiveness and increase profitability.
- Experience of building a team and infrastructure in a rapidly growing business.
- A track record of providing solutions to complex business problems.
- A proven ability to motivate people.
- A strong financial acumen with hands on experience of planning and forecasting.
- Strong systems and analytical focus to support business change in challenging financial conditions.
- A visionary leader with a proven track record of achievement.
- A lateral thinker able to innovate across all business functions.
- A results orientated, motivated and energetic individual with strong leadership and management skills.
- A high degree of self-awareness and evidence of a structured personal career path.
- A high degree of influencing skills with an open, honest, professional and friendly disposition.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to connect effectively at all levels.
Personal Profile – Qualifications/Education/Personal Development
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Membership of appropriate representative body.
Apply For This Job:
To apply for this job, or for more information please email:
When applying, please attach your CV and covering letter.