Senior Infrastructure Analyst
Working within the IT Operations Team as a technical specialist, the role holder will support the overall infrastructure estate, associated technology platforms and server applications to ensure the continued stability and performance of the business’ systems. The role holder will have a strong technical background covering the full Enterprise Datacentre Infrastructure stack, including but not limited to Storage, Virtualization, Networking, Compute, Security & Server Applications within a high volume, bulk transactional business.
To assist in the continued planning, maintenance, implementation and support of a robust, scalable and flexible infrastructure. Act as a technical escalation to the Support and Development Teams as necessary. Ensure all areas of Information Technology and Telecommunications are proactively managed to enable the business to operate efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Support, encourage and develop a culture of personal and professional pride, innovation and advance within the team and the wider business.
- Support the BAU responsibilities for all server, storage and network infrastructure assets.
- Support and maintain the backup, recovery, replication and disaster recovery processes and technologies across the business and to ensure that these are tested regularly.
- Proactively monitor the health and availability of the technology platforms.
- Design, configure, optimise, monitor and maintain the business’ technology platforms.
- Provide expertise to the wider IS function and act as a technical escalation point as appropriate.
- Provide in-house training to IT staff as appropriate.
- Provide end user support as and when required.
- Manage internal records to a high degree of accuracy.
- Liaise with key suppliers to the business as appropriate.
- Support any software releases to the live environment as required.
- Assist in the identity, planning and costing of all future developments to business’ IT infrastructure.
- Assist with the specification of new changes, integrations and systems.
- Assist the business in defining the correct technology and technical architecture to support the business vision and growth.
- Assist with the development and delivery of the Business’ IS Strategy.
- Ensure effective end point security is in place and maintained.
- Ensure effective security is maintained across the IT infrastructure which meets current and foreseeable business needs.
- Create and maintain documentation of all systems implemented and ensure that all new infrastructure and system / configuration updates and changes are fully documented.
- Support the maintenance of the Change Management Process.
- Research and development to recommend new technologies and tools as appropriate.
- Be agile, receptive and open to new, up and coming technologies and explore their possible implementation where appropriate.
- Ensure that effective system performance is achieved against the agreed SLA and KPI.
- Undertake training as and when required and be receptive to it.
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
Working within the Information Systems Department the role holder will report to the IT Operations Team Leader. The role holder will also be required to support other operational functions and will therefore have daily interactions throughout all levels of the business and other internal departments. The role holder will also be expected to have contact with external suppliers.
- A self-motivated, approachable individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a highly organised approach with the ability to balance priorities.
- An extremely positive and proactive approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work within in a team be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A graduate in science or computing discipline with a minimum achievement of 2:2 hons or equivalent would be beneficial.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate industry experience.
- Essential Technical Certification:
o VMware VCP
o NetApp NCDA
o MCITP Certification
o Cisco CCNA
- Essential technical skills and experience:
o Design, planning & management of networks
o NetApp (Clustered onTAP)
o Flexpod / Cisco UCS
o VMWare vSphere
o Cisco switches / firewalls including detailed knowledge of Cisco ASA
o Microsoft Active Directory
o Microsoft Exchange
o Microsoft SQL Server
- Desirable technical skills and experience:
o Coding experience such as: T-SQL / Powershell
o BI/MI Tools such as: SSRS / SSIS / Tableau / Alteryx
o Microsoft Navision
Apply For This Job:
To apply for this job, or for more information please email:
When applying, please attach your CV and covering letter.