SME New Business Consultant
As an SME New Business Consultant your role is to use the internal database to make contact with potential SME customers, outline the benefits of the range of Brooksons services and seek to create interest. You will offer support, advice and guidance to potential SME customer, aiming to set up appointments for the Outsourcing Relationship Manager or Senior Account Manager to attend, with a view to securing the business. Telesales is a primary function of this role, as well as ensuring that the experience of all prospects is aligned with ‘The Brookson Way’.
- Make outbound calls to potential SME customers, using contact details contained within the internal database.
- Seek to speak to the decision maker in order to outline the services available to them, and the benefits of becoming a Brookson customer.
- Ensure that the SME customer is knowledgeable in terms of how the service can make life easier, is cost effective and will support their development as a business, in order to generate new joiners/appointments.
- Recognise and understand buying signals given by customers in order to effectively provide relevant and compelling reasons to use our services. Use skills and knowledge of Brookson and our competitors to consistently identify opportunities to maximise sales potential.
- Seek to move potential SME customer forward to the next stage of either booking an appointment with, or transferring the call through to the Outsourcing Relationship Manager or Senior Account Manager.
- Proactively and enthusiastically work towards agreed targets and objectives, including KPIs on number of outbound calls made, number of calls transferred and appointments made.
- Ensure that all calls and emails are handled with empathy, enthusiasm, confidence and accuracy. Demonstrate a commitment to be helpful on each interaction and follow through on promises.
- Go out of your way to surprise prospective customers with outstanding service when they really need our help.
- Ensure that prospective customers are fully advised and supported through their decision-making process.
- Update and track all calls handled in an accurate and timely manner using the in house computer system and ensure that all necessary documentation is provided to the customer.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of Brookson services in order to provide the highest level of advice and support.
- Proactively keep yourself up to date on the full range of Brookson USP’s, vs. competitors, thereby ensuring a confident and knowledgeable ability to promote how we can help customers.
- Identify those customer calls that require redirection to our business partners for their specialist help and advice.
- Continually develop skills by highlighting and attending relevant and required training and take ownership of your own development with the support of the team leader.
Working within the New Business team, the role holder will work closely with the SME Implementation Team Leader and will report to the New Business Team Leader. The role will involve a series of interactions with specific parties which could include:
- Line Management
- Outsourcing Relationship Manager
- Business Development Managers
- Other internal support functions (other teams/staff)
- Brookson Business Partners
- Recruitment Agencies and Clients
- Telesales experience is essential – ideally a minimum of 1 year.
- Experience in selling legal/insurance/professional services to businesses.
- A friendly and outgoing individual who genuinely enjoys dealing with people.
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail and have the ability to work to high degree of accuracy.
- Preferably educated to A-level or equivalent standard.
- An extremely positive and proactive approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively via face to face, telephone and written correspondence.
- Must possess a high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work well on an individual basis as well as being a strong team member.
Apply For This Job:
To apply for this job, or for more information please email:
When applying, please attach your CV and covering letter.